Sunday, 9 June 2013

like mother, like daughter

I'm a massive fan of Radio 1's Live Lounge and I always tune in specifically to listen to it.

Any artist who goes into the Live Lounge is asked to perform one of their own songs and a cover of another song. Over the years, there has been many artists involved with the Live Lounge, such as Mcfly, Arctic Monkeys, Beyonce and even Lady Gaga. 


Now... I'm a massive fan of Daft Punk's Get Lucky, so I was very interested in how Daughter would cover it considering Daft Punk and Daughter are very very different from each other.


BUT...


I have fallen in love with this cover and may I even dare say that it's better than the original!?!


It's definitely a much calmer version of the song, and it's very minimalistic. Yet, I think this is why it sounds much better. Elena Tonra's vocals are amazing (as usual) and her tone of voice totally compliments the simplistic sounds used in the song. Also, I believe this version gives a whole new meaning to the song as Daughter have slightly tweaked the lyrics, which now portrays the song from a female's perspective. 




Check out old Live Lounges on the BBC website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/rnc5d4

No comments:

Post a Comment