Wednesday, 29 May 2013

the return of the last shadow puppets?

Talks of a second The Last Shadow Puppets album have been going on for years, but with Miles Kane's response to a question about a new album in this weeks NME; I'm 80% sure a return of the Puppets is on the cards!

Both Alex Turner and Miles Kane are both incredible artists in their own right, but together, they are just too amazing for words. Their first album 'The Age of the Understatement' went straight to number one in the UK Albums Chart in April 2008. FIVE FLIPPING YEARS AGO! Yet I know so many people who still listen to that album religiously and I for one know that I will never tire of the album. Knowing it has been five years since 'The Age of the Understatement' makes me even more impatient for confirmation of a new album. 

However, with Alex Turner and Miles Kane currently doing their own thing, I can't help but feel that we will all be waiting a while for a new album by the duo.


With Turner touring the globe with Arctic Monkey's, playing to audiences in America, Belgium, Switzerland etc and not forgetting their highly anticipated performance at Glastonbury, his schedule seems pretty full for this year. Plus, sneakily letting go of 'Do I Wanna Know?' (which fans went absolutely crazy for), signifies that there's a chance of more albums to come from the Monkeys. This only prolongs the chance of another TLSP's album.


And Miles, who's second album 'Don't Forget Who You Are' is due for release on the 3rd June (which includes Paul Weller on track 'You're Gonna Get It') and a May/June tour this year as well as just announcing a new 11-date autumn tour, also seems to be fully booked.


Hopefully, when the time is right, the remarkable pair will secure some studio time together and create some more mind-blowing songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment