Monday, 12 May 2014

psychedelic revision



As I'm sat on my bed in almost silence attempting to revise for the exams which determine my future success, I notice that Temples are in fact carrying me through this tedious period with gentle hands. Music as a whole, usually distracts me from revision, resulting in my attention being cut short due to a catchy chorus or some well deserved air guitar. But for a change, which surprised me, I am being accompanied by an album so calming that I am actually focused on the tasks which lay ahead of me. 

Sun Structures, the one and only, is aiding me through revision. Wow. 

Bought for me for my birthday by one of my best friends, Sun Structures is the perfect gift. A gift from God if you like. It's psychedelic melodies are captivating and easily soothe the stresses which I am under, whilst intriguing lyrics such as 'paradise is allowed in the conscious of the brave' (Mesmerise) encompass my room. 

From start to finish, Sun Structures is incredible. The sixties psychedelic vibes omitted from this album make it one of the best albums of the year so far. I, for one, am ecstatic to finally hold this album in my hands and caress it as if it is my own offspring. Throughout this period of crisis in my life where I am studying for exam after exam after exam and so on, Sun Structures will act as my Bible, my comfort blanket, my support. And I am more that confident that it will not let me down.. 

Sun Structures, Feb 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment