It’s been three years since we first heard from Eliza Doolittle. Her
self-titled first album
went to number 3 in the UK Album Charts, and rightly
so!
Eliza's gentle yet powerful vocals are expressed throughout the 13-track album which combines a whole range of songs, which include well-known 'Pack Up' and 'Skinny Genes'.
Weirdly, my Dad questioned me the other day about Eliza’s whereabouts,
asking me:
“So, where’s Eliza Doolittle been lately? We haven’t heard from her for ages”.
“So, where’s Eliza Doolittle been lately? We haven’t heard from her for ages”.
This is when we found out that Eliza was to be featuring on Disclosure’s
next single ‘You and Me’. After hearing this, I was sure that Eliza must be
writing new material. Maybe for her much anticipated second album?
And I was right!
Eliza's references in the song such as ‘Dancing to cassette tape singles’ and
‘Malcolm in the Middle’ makes me even more of a Doolittle lover. The references
make her sound very down-to-earth and relatable to. Eliza’s definitely not a fame-craving songwriter and she has definitely got her own unique style of music and
lyrics. I’m sure this is why many people love her.
Here is ‘Big When I Was Little’ for those of you who haven’t seen it yet! I
guarantee you will be singing this later as the tune is rather catchy, be
warned!
Also, can anyone else see the resemblance of Amy Winehouse in the
video? The hair? The dancing? The use of effective eye movement? Maybe
it’s only me who sees the similarities? I don’t think it’s a bad comparison though;
Amy was and still is an icon.

No comments:
Post a Comment